Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
So delicious that you can not stop snacking, these cheese crackers. They taste incredibly crispy, tender and aromatic. For the recipe you need only a few ingredients, and it is to make very fast. As party food or as a snack in between, the crackers with cheese are perfect. A detailed recipe for the delicious cheese crackers with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Cheese crackers that are addictive
These vegetarian cheese crackers are so delicious, you just can’t get enough of them. You’ll definitely find that out for yourself once you make them. The crackers are gone faster than you think. You think you’ve made enough of them, and the next moment they’re already eaten. A cheese snack that simply makes you addicted!
Lightning fast recipe for crunchy cheese snack
The recipe for these crackers is very easy. You only need five ingredients that you might already have at home. You can start making the crackers. And it’s lightning fast: knead all the ingredients into a dough, cut out triangles and bake. So you can make the crackers when you need to make a quick snack on the spur of the moment.
How many cheese crackers does the recipe make?
I rolled out the dough about 2 – 3 mm thick, cut out circles of about Ø 14 cm from the dough (I used a small plate for this) and then divided each circle into four triangles. In such a size I had got about 65 cheese crackers. Depending on how big you make your crackers, the number may differ. You can also halve the quantities in the recipe if you want to make fewer crackers.
How to serve cheese crackers
The cheese crackers taste incredibly delicious on their own. But you can also serve them with a sauce or dip. They are also delicious with vegetables. The crackers with cheese are perfect for snacking in between meals or in the evening, for example, on the sofa in front of the TV. They are also ideal as finger food for a party. You can take them with you on the road, for example to work or university. You can also give your kids the cheese snack to take to school.
How to store the vegetarian cheese snack
Cheese crackers taste best fresh on the day they are baked. Store them at room temperature. They can be kept for about 3 days. After that they will not go bad, but they will become soft and not so fresh and crispy.
These crackers are
- incredibly tasty,
- made with only five ingredients,
- very quick to make,
- delicious even the next day,
- no additives or preservatives unlike supermarket snacks,
- ideal as a snack or finger food,
- perfect to take away.
How to make cheese crackers: the recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making your own cheese crackers below in the box recipe.
All you need for the recipe is
- grated cheese,
- cold butter,
- and flour.
How to make cheese crackers: this is how it works
- Mix flour and salt, add cold butter and chop finely.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add grated cheese and knead into a soft, somewhat sticky dough. Put the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough about 2 – 3 mm thin, cut triangles out of the dough, make small holes on them and bake the crackers at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes. Done!
Tips and tricks: how to make cheese crackers perfect
- You can still add any spices to your taste to the dough.
- Do not knead the dough too long, otherwise it will not be crispy enough in the end.
- The thinner you roll out the dough, the crispier your crackers will taste.
- You can make holes in the dough with a drinking straw or with a round nozzle from a piping bag.
- The holes ensure that the cheese snack doesn’t get bubbles while baking.
- Depending on how thick you roll out the dough, the specified baking time may vary greatly. The crackers are ready when they turn a light golden brown color.
- Store the crackers at room temperature. They will keep for about 3 days. After that, they won’t go bad, but they won’t be as crispy.
Did you make the crispy cheese crackers using this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how they turned out and tasted to you.
Cheese crackers vegetarian
- 240 g grated cheese
- 240 g butter (cold)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 360 g flour
- Put flour and salt in a mixing bowl and mix them. Add cold butter cut into small pieces and chop it finely.
- Add eggs and mix, for example with a fork.
- Add grated cheese and knead it into a soft, somewhat sticky dough. Cover the dough and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into several pieces, roll out each piece about 2 - 3 mm thin (leave the remaining pieces of dough in the freezer as long as you process one of them) and cut out triangles from them. To do this, you can simply roll out a circle from the dough and cut it into triangles like a pie. Poke several small holes in each triangle, for example with a drinking straw.
- Spread the dough triangles on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes.
- Any spices can be added to the dough according to taste.
- Do not knead the dough too long, otherwise it will not be crispy enough.
- The thinner the dough is rolled out, the crispier the cheese crackers will be.
- The holes ensure that the crackers do not get bubbles when baking.
- The cheese crackers are done baking when they turn a light golden brown color.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the cheese crackers yourself at the top of the post.