Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Very moist, fluffy, soft – simply delicious tastes this chocolate banana bread in a loaf pan. You can quickly make it yourself with a few common ingredients that you may already have at home. Whether it’s for afternoon coffee on the weekend, to take on the go, or even for a special occasion, no one is guaranteed to resist this delicious chocolate banana cake. You can find a detailed chocolate banana bread recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions right below.
A combination of banana and chocolate
Banana and chocolate combined in one cake – isn’t it an irresistibly delicious combination?! That’s exactly what this cake is made of. Thanks to bananas, it tastes incredibly moist, but at the same time is very fluffy and soft.
In addition, the batter is made with cocoa, which makes the banana cake taste chocolaty. And to give it even more chocolate flavor, it is sprinkled with chocolate chips before baking.
Moist chocolate banana bread in loaf pan
I baked this moist chocolate banana bread in a 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan. Instead of a loaf pan you can also use another baking pan.
For example, you can bake the chocolate cake with bananas in a round springform pan. A bundt pan is also quite suitable for it. Also, you can make chocolate banana muffins with the sponge.
Note that depending on the size of your baking pan, the baking time given in the recipe may vary. For example, muffins need much less time in the oven than the cake.
It is important not to bake the banana cake with chocolate longer than necessary. Otherwise, it might end up tasting dry instead of moist.
Quick, easy and so delicious
This chocolate banana bread is really one of the easiest cakes to make. You just need to mix all the ingredients to make the batter, pour the batter into the loaf pan and put it in the oven. After that, it just remains to wait for the banana cake with chocolate to finish baking. And it’s ready to be snacked on.
Apart from the fact that you can bake the chocolate banana cake in a flash, it tastes incredibly delicious. What more could you ask for in a cake?!
How to serve and store banana cake with chocolate?
Since chocolate banana bread is very quick to make from simple ingredients, you can make it during the week and serve it for dessert after dinner with coffee or tea.
It’s also quite good for a visitor who drops by unexpectedly on the weekend.
You can take the banana cake with chocolate on the go, including to work or university.
It’s also perfect for a party.
The chocolate banana bread will still taste as moist and fluffy in the next few days as it did right after baking, if you store it in an airtight container. For example, store it in a lunch box in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 days.
You can also freeze the banana cake with chocolate. Before freezing, cut it into pieces and put baking paper between the pieces. This way you can take each piece out of the freezer individually and let it thaw.
This chocolate banana bread is
- heavenly moist,
- incredibly delicious,
- not too sweet,
- easy and quick to make from common ingredients,
- ideal for dessert during the week, to take away or for a celebration,
- suitable for freezing,
- good way to process overripe bananas.
Easy and quick chocolate banana bread recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions to make the moist chocolate banana bread in loaf pan here below in the loaf recipe.
For the easy recipe you need only a few common ingredients. That is, first of all, bananas. They must be very ripe.
You will also need cocoa powder, melted and cooled butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla.
To sprinkle the cake, you will need dark chocolate, which you will have to chop beforehand. Alternatively, you can buy chocolate drops for this purpose.
How to make the banana chocolate bread: this is how it works
- Mash bananas with a fork, add butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix flour with cocoa and baking powder, add to the banana mixture and stir briefly to form a viscous dough.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, sprinkle with chopped chocolate and bake at 170 °C for about 50 minutes. Done!
How to make chocolate cake with bananas: tips and tricks
- Use very ripe or overripe bananas that have brown spots or are completely brown for the recipe. Unripe bananas are not suitable for this purpose.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the sponge to taste, depending on how sweet you like the banana chocolate bread.
- Do not use hot melted butter for the batter, let it cool down first.
- Vanilla options include vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out.
- The amount of flour given in the recipe may vary. Therefore, add the dry mixture of flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to the liquid banana mixture in batches until you get a thick batter.
- Do not stir the dough too long, but only briefly until it has a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, the cake could taste rubbery later.
- Instead of chopping chocolate yourself, you can also use chocolate drops to sprinkle on the cake.
- To bake the cake, you’ll need an approx. 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan.
- Be sure to grease the loaf pan thoroughly so that you can easily remove the chocolate banana bread from the pan after baking.
- Instead of baking in a loaf pan, you can bake the chocolate banana bread in another baking dish. See my notes on this above. Depending on the size of the baking dish, the baking time listed in the recipe may vary.
- You can check if the chocolate banana bread is done baking with a toothpick. To do this, insert a toothpick briefly into the center of the cake and see if it comes out almost clean. If the toothpick remains smeared in raw dough, you still need to bake the cake. If only a few moist crumbs remain on the toothpick, it’s done. If the toothpick comes out dry, it could be that you baked the cake too long, so it might taste a little dry.
- Store the chocolate cake with bananas in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 5 days. Alternatively, you can also freeze it.
Did you make the moist chocolate banana bread according to this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you succeeded and tasted the cake with bananas and chocolate.
Appetite for more delicious cakes? Try these recipes too:
- Coconut cake vegan: moist coconut sponge cake with coconut milk
- Moist orange cake – simple recipe for best cake with oranges
- Black currant cake with kefir – quick summer cake recipe
- Chocolate zucchini bread vegan – so moist and so chocolaty
Chocolate banana bread
- 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan
- 3 ripe bananas
- 100 g butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 eggs
- 140 g sugar
- approx. 200 g flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- butter or margarine to grease the loaf pan
- 50 g dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- Thoroughly grease the loaf pan with butter or margarine.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and melted and cooled butter and mix until homogeneous.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the dry flour mixture in batches to the liquid banana mixture and mix it briefly and briskly to form a viscous dough.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, sprinkle the top with coarsely chopped dark chocolate and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 °C top and bottom heat for about 50 minutes.
- Only use very ripe or overripe bananas that have brown spots or are completely brown for the recipe.
- The amount of sugar for the sponge can be adjusted to taste.
- Under no circumstances use hot melted butter for the sponge, let it cool first.
- The amount of flour given in the recipe may differ. Therefore, add the dry mixture of flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in portions to the liquid banana mixture until a viscous sponge is formed.
- Do not mix the dough for too long, but only briefly and briskly.
- Be sure to grease the loaf pan thoroughly so that the chocolate banana bread can be easily removed from the pan after baking.
- Use a toothpick to check if the chocolate banana bread is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the chocolate banana bread at the top of the post.