Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
A healthy vegetable soup goes any time of the year as a warm main meal or appetizer. But especially on cold days it warms you from the inside. Here I show you how to make a delicious vegan creamy vegetable soup with potatoes. It is cooked with zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peppers, which combine perfectly with each other and with potatoes. Various herbs and spices round out the flavor of the soup. Creamy, hearty, aromatic, filling and simply delicious it is. You can find a detailed vegetarian creamy vegetable soup recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Can I use other vegetables for the recipe?
Instead of using the vegetables listed in the recipe, you can make your soup with other vegetables. Use your favorite vegetables or seasonal vegetables. Making a vegetable soup is also a great way to use up leftover vegetables. Just throw whatever leftover vegetables you have in the fridge into the crock pot. While you’re at it, don’t forget to spice up your soup with spices and herbs.
Here are some ideas of what vegetables you can use for a vegan vegetable soup:
- bell peppers,
- brussels sprouts,
You can also supplement and refine your vegetable soup with
- spring onions,
- various herbs.
Creamy delicious satiator
I had made my creamy vegetable soup with potatoes. They make the soup creamier and even more filling. In addition to potatoes, the soup includes zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and bell peppers. The vegetables combine perfectly with potatoes. Refined with onions, garlic, various spices and herbs, the result is a delicious vegetable soup, healthy and filling.
How to make vegetarian vegetable soup even creamier?
If you want to make your vegetable soup with potatoes even creamier, you can add some vegan cream or plant milk to it. For example, you can make your own almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk for the soup beforehand. Homemade plant milk tastes better than supermarket milk and contains no unhealthy additives. Vegan cream can be made from soy or oat cream, which you can find in supermarkets.
How to serve and store creamy vegetable soup with potatoes?
Serve the creamy vegetable soup with potatoes warm, for example with fresh herbs. You can serve it with fresh bread. The soup is filling and ideal as a main course for lunch or dinner. You can also serve it as an appetizer.
Store the vegan vegetable soup in a saucepan with the lid on in the refrigerator. Do not heat up the whole soup in the pot before serving, but only the portion that will be eaten immediately afterwards. Otherwise, the soup could quickly go bad if it is reheated several times. The vegetarian vegetable soup can be kept in the refrigerator for about 4 – 5 days. It will still taste delicious in the next few days.
This soup is
- incredibly tasty,
- with lots of different vegetables,
- with potatoes,
- easy and quick to make,
- to be varied according to taste,
- delicious lunch or dinner,
- perfect for using leftover vegetables,
- ideal warming meal on cold days.
How to make creamy vegetable soup: the best vegan recipe
The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions, according to which you can make the vegetarian creamy vegetable soup with potatoes yourself, you will find below in the box recipe.
The vegetable soup recipe is very easy. With it, you can conjure up a delicious and healthy meal on the dining table in a flash. As far as vegetables, herbs and spices are concerned, you can adapt the recipe to your taste.
For the vegetable soup recipe you need
- potatoes, of course,
- various vegetables (I had zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers),
- onions, garlic and spring onions,
- various spices (for me it was marjoram, coriander powder, paprika powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper),
- vegetable stock,
- vegetable oil for frying
- and possibly vegan cream or plant milk.
How to make vegetable soup with potatoes: this is how it works
- Peel, clean and chop the vegetables and potatoes.
- In a saucepan, sauté onions and garlic in vegetable oil until translucent. Add the vegetables and fry for about 5 minutes, seasoning with spices.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable stock and simmer for about 15 minutes until everything is cooked. Season the soup with salt and spices if necessary.
- Finely puree the vegetable soup. Finished!
How to make vegan creamy vegetable soup: tips and tricks
- Instead of or in addition to the vegetables mentioned here in the recipe, you can also use other vegetables for the soup.
- Refine your pureed vegetable soup with any fresh herbs.
- Flavor the vegetarian vegetable soup with spices according to your taste.
- Sauté the vegetables together with spices briefly first to release all their flavor.
- It is best to use homemade vegetable broth for the soup to avoid unhealthy additives that are present in the instant vegetable broth from the supermarket.
- If you want to add plant milk to the vegetable soup, it’s best to make it yourself beforehand.
- The cooking time of the vegetables given here in the recipe may vary. It depends on how small you cut the vegetables and potatoes for the soup.
- Depending on how thin you like the soup, you can use more or less vegetable stock than the recipe specifies.
Have you made vegetarian creamy vegetable soup with potatoes using this recipe? I look forward to your results, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below about how you liked and enjoyed the soup.
Fancy some more delicious soup recipes? Try also:
- Ramen soup – vegan recipe for popular Japanese noodle soup
- Kharcho vegan: 2 recipes for popular spicy soup from Georgia
- Shchi – vegan recipe for popular Russian cabbage soup
Creamy vegetable soup vegan
- 450 g potatoes (peeled)
- 250 g zucchini
- 200 g broccoli
- 200 g cauliflower
- 200 g carrots
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 l vegetable broth
- paprika powder
- coriander powder
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 100 ml vegan cream or plant milk (alternative)
- Peel and clean vegetables.
- Cut onion into small cubes. Finely chop garlic. Cut zucchini, carrots, peppers and peeled potatoes into cubes. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into pieces. Chop spring onions.
- Add some vegetable oil to the saucepan and fry onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add zucchini, carrots, bell bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and spring onions, season with coriander powder, marjoram, paprika, cayenne bell pepper, salt, black pepper and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and vegetable broth, bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables and potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, flavor the soup to taste with vegan cream or plant milk and salt and spices again, if desired.
- Take the vegetable soup off the heat and puree it finely with a hand blender.
- Use different vegetables depending on your taste.
- Refine the soup with any spices and fresh herbs.
- Cooking time from vegetables depends on how small the vegetables and potatoes were cut.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making vegetarian creamy vegetable soup at the top of the post.