Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Spicy, moist and so delicious taste these kidney bean fritters. They are also vegan, healthy and filling. You can serve the kidney bean patties in many ways, for example with a side dish for lunch, on bread as a snack between meals or in a vegetarian burger.
They are easy and quick to make with a few common ingredients. You can find a detailed kidney bean fritters recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Kidney bean fritters – delicious, healthy, filling
These vegan fritters not only taste delicious, but are healthy and filling. Because kidney beans contain many vitamins and minerals. They are also rich in protein and fiber, which provide long-lasting satiety.
With a side dish, salad as a main meal
Since kidney bean fritters are filling, they are ideal as a main dish for lunch or dinner – served with a side dish.
You can serve them with mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, buckwheat or couscous, among others. The kidney bean patties are also delicious with a vegetable salad.
As a snack – also to take away
The kidney bean patties are delicious both hot and cold. So you can eat them on bread as a cold snack between meals. You can also take them with you on the go, for example, on a hike or to work.
Perfect for burgers
By the way, this kidney bean fritters recipe will give you a delicious vegan burger. Simply form larger burger patties from the kidney bean mixture instead of small fritters. You can then use them to top your homemade burger. Of course, it tastes best with homemade hamburger buns.
Spices make it
For vegan fritters, spices are probably the most important thing. Because it’s them that make vegetarian patties tasty.
You should also season the kidney bean fritters well, according to your taste. I recommend that you taste the kidney bean mixture and season it if necessary before you form patties from it.
I seasoned the vegan fritters with paprika, turmeric, chili powder and black pepper. But you can use other spices of your choice for this. You can also experiment with the amount of spices.
These kidney bean patties are
- very tasty,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- versatile to serve.
Vegan kidney beans fritters recipe
The kidney bean fritters recipe is very simple and comes with few ingredients that you may already have at home. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation goes and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the vegan kidney bean patties can be found in the boxed recipe below.
For the kidney bean patties you will need
- thoroughly drained kidney beans from a jar or can (alternatively, home-cooked and drained beans),
- potatoes – boiled, mashed and cooled,
- oatmeal – ground,
- onion and garlic – chopped,
- fresh parsley and cilantro – finely chopped,
- various spices – paprika, turmeric, chili, salt and pepper
- and vegetable oil for frying.
How to make kidney bean patties: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, roughly mash kidney beans with a fork. Then you add all the other ingredients and knead it into a solid mass.
- Form small fritters from the kidney bean mixture and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides. That’s it!
How to make kidney bean fritters: tips and tricks
- Drain kidney beans thoroughly and do not rinse them.
- Be sure to let the mashed potatoes cool completely for a few hours so they have a firm consistency. Alternatively, you can cook the mashed potatoes the day before.
- You can also use leftover mashed potatoes for the recipe.
- Instead of using kidney beans from a jar or can, you can also use raw beans and cook them yourself.
- Don’t mash the kidney beans into a mushy mass, just mash them coarsely with a fork.
- Adjust the amount of garlic to taste.
- Use spices and herbs of your choice for the vegan kidney bean fritters.
- If your kidney bean mixture is too dry, you can add a very small amount of kidney bean water. If it’s too soft, you can add a little more ground oats.
Did you make kidney bean fritters using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment here below on how you liked and succeeded with the vegan patties.
Kidney bean fritters / kidney bean patties vegan
- 510 g pickled kidney beans (drained weight)
- 300 g potatoes
- approx. 90 g oat flakes
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- some fresh parsley
- some fresh coriander
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch chili powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Peel potatoes, boil them, mash them and let the mashed potatoes cool completely so that they become firm.
- Drain kidney beans thoroughly.
- Grind oatmeal finely.
- Chop onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro.
- Coarsely mash drained kidney beans with a fork.
- Add the mashed potatoes, ground oats, chopped onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro to the kidney beans and knead into a firm mixture, seasoning with paprika, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Form flat fritters from the kidney bean mixture.
- Add some vegetable oil to the pan and heat it. Fry the kidney bean fritters in it over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Do not rinse kidney beans.
- The mashed potatoes can be cooked the day before.
- Adjust amount of garlic to taste.
- Use any spices and herbs of choice.
- If the kidney bean mixture is too dry, add a very small amount of kidney bean water to it. If it is too soft, add a little more ground oats.
- The time to cool the mashed potatoes and drain the kidney beans is not included in the preparation time.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan kidney bean fritters at the top of the post.