Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Airy, fluffy, light, heavenly chocolatey and so delicious tastes this vegan chocolate mousse without eggs. It is made with aquafaba and is healthier than the classic mousse au chocolat. Plus, you can make it yourself in a flash with very few ingredients. A detailed recipe for the vegan chocolate mousse with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Aquafaba – the secret of the vegan mousse au chocolat
This vegan chocolate mousse is made with aquafaba – the drained water from jarred or canned pickled cooked chickpeas. Although this ingredient may seem strange to you at first, and you may have doubts about whether it will even taste good, those doubts are guaranteed to disappear after you try just one spoonful of this delicious chocolate mousse. Aquafaba, in fact, can be whipped into a beautiful vegan whipped egg white and provides the fluffy, airy consistency of chocolate mousse. It’s a great alternative to animal egg whites that can be used to make not only the chocolate mousse, but also many other sweet vegan cakes and desserts, such as meringues, soufflés, or macarons.
Healthier alternative to the classic mousse au chocolat
The classic mousse au chocolat usually consists of eggs, cream and often butter. It is therefore quite high in calories and less healthy. This vegan chocolate mousse without eggs and made with chickpea water, on the other hand, does without the animal products that contain a lot of fat, making it healthier. In addition, aquafaba is rich in proteins that are important for our body.
Light dessert for all chocolate lovers
If you love chocolate but always want to snack on something light yet chocolatey, vegan chocolate mousse is just what you need. Thanks to the vegan whipped egg whites made from chickpea water, the dessert tastes airy and fluffy. Chocolate makes it creamy and very chocolaty at the same time.
Chocolate does it
Besides aquafaba, chocolate is the most important ingredient in vegan chocolate mousse. It makes up the flavor of the dessert. That’s why you should use good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content and little sugar. I used chocolate with 70% cocoa for the recipe. Additionally, make sure that your chocolate is vegan.
How to serve vegan chocolate mousse no eggs
Vegan chocolate mousse is perfect for snacking on a cozy evening, for dessert after lunch, or for a party. It tastes incredibly delicious on its own. However, you can spice up the vegan dessert with various toppings. For example, a dollop of coconut cream tastes delicious on top and makes for a pretty decoration of the dessert. Vegan whipped cream goes just as well with chocolate mousse. In addition, you can serve it with fresh fruit. For even more chocolate flavor, sprinkle the dessert with chocolate chips before serving.
This vegan chocolate mousse is
- not too sweet,
- heavenly delicious,
- without eggs, without cream and without butter,
- without tofu,
- healthier than the classic chocolate mousse,
- with aquafaba (chickpea water),
- easy and quick to make with two main ingredients,
- ideal dessert for any occasion.
Vegan chocolate mousse no eggs: the recipe
The recipe is very easy and comes with two main ingredients. In about 15 minutes you are already done with the making. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions, according to which you can make the vegan chocolate mousse no eggs yourself, you will find here below in the box recipe.
For the vegan chocolate mousse recipe you will need
- aquafaba – drained water from canned or jarred chickpeas,
- vegan dark chocolate – melt it beforehand and let it cool down as much as possible,
- alternatively powdered sugar – for more sweetness,
- some freshly squeezed lemon juice – for more stability from the vegan whipped egg whites.
How to make vegan chocolate mousse no eggs: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe below.)
- First, whip aquafaba together with lemon juice and possibly powdered sugar until stiff.
- Then carefully fold in the dark chocolate.
- Then, divide the mousse au chocolat among glasses and refrigerate for a few hours. Done!
How to make vegan chocolate mousse without eggs: tips and tricks
- Use room-warm aquafaba for the vegan chocolate mousse without eggs. If your aquafaba is cold, the low temperature will create solid chocolate chips when you fold in the chocolate. This will cause the chocolate mousse to not be fluffy or creamy.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste, or omit the powdered sugar completely if the sweetness from the chocolate is enough for you.
- The mixing bowl and whisk used to whip the aquafaba must be clean and free of grease for it to whip well.
- A small amount of lemon juice will make the chickpea water easier to whip, and a firmer consistency from the vegan whipped egg whites.
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool as much as possible before folding it into the vegan whipped egg whites.
- Do not stir the mixture too long when adding the melted chocolate, so that it remains airy.
- You can make many delicious dishes with the leftover chickpeas, such as Indian chickpea curry, falafel or hummus.
Have you made vegan chocolate mousse without eggs with this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you succeeded and tasted the vegan mousse au chocolat.
Got an appetite for more vegan treats? Also try:
- Coconut cake vegan: moist coconut sponge cake with coconut milk
- Vegan banana muffins with chocolate chips – healthy recipe without sugar
- Orange poppy seed cake vegan – quick recipe for moist pound cake
- Banana ice cream: 6 delicious recipes for vegan nice cream
- Chocolate zucchini bread vegan – so moist and so chocolaty
Vegan chocolate mousse (with aquafaba, no eggs)
- 250 ml aquafaba (drained water from chickpeas from glass or can) room-warm
- 140 g dark chocolate (vegan)
- 40 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Melt dark chocolate slowly and let it cool a bit.
- Whip aquafaba, powdered sugar and lemon juice until stiff.
- Once the aquafaba is whipped until stiff, turn the food processor or hand mixer to a low speed and add the melted chocolate in a thin stream to the whipped aquafaba. Then stir it briefly still by hand carefully with a silicone dough scraper in the form of circular movements to a homogeneous, fluffy mass.
- Divide the chocolate mousse among glasses and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Use room-warm aquafaba for the vegan chocolate mousse without eggs. When the aquafaba is cold, the low temperature will create solid chocolate chips when folded into the chocolate. As a result, the chocolate mousse will not be fluffy or creamy.
- The amount of powdered sugar can be adjusted to taste. You can also omit the powdered sugar completely.
- The mixing bowl and whisk used to whip the aquafaba must be clean and free of grease so that it whips well.
- Let the melted chocolate cool as much as possible before folding it into the vegan whipped egg whites.
- Be sure not to stir the mixture too long when adding the melted chocolate so that it stays fluffy.
- The time to cool the vegan chocolate mousse without eggs is not included in the preparation time.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making vegan chocolate mousse without eggs at the top of the post.