Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
These blueberry muffins with chocolate chunks taste incredibly moist, soft and fluffy. They are not only heavenly delicious, but also easy and quick to make with a few ingredients. The muffins with blueberry are ideal for snacking in between, for dessert during the week, to take away or for a party. For example, you can make them for a kid’s birthday party. A detailed blueberry muffins recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
Moist blueberry muffins with chocolate chunks
These blueberry muffins taste heavenly moist. Thanks to blueberries, they are also very fruity. In addition, chocolate chunks provide a chocolaty taste. The combination makes the muffins unique and irresistibly delicious. I’m sure that you and your loved ones will be delighted with the pastry.
Ideal summer pastry
The moist blueberry muffins are an ideal summer pastry. With their fruity fresh taste, they are perfect for dessert on warm days. As soon as blueberries are in season, you definitely have to take advantage of it and make these delicious muffins with them.
Blueberries fresh or frozen?
In summer, of course, fresh blueberries are best for the recipe. But you can also make the muffins outside of blueberry season, namely with frozen berries. This way, you’ll bring a bit of summer into your kitchen in the winter. Before making, you don’t have to thaw the blueberries, but add them frozen directly into the dough.
For a party or snacking during the week
These moist blueberry muffins are perfect for a celebration, such as a birthday. They are convenient to serve, can be eaten right out of your hand, and are incredibly delicious. Because the muffins are ready in a flash, you can easily make them in the evening after a day of work during the week, but also on the weekend. It’s best to make a double batch, because these blueberry muffins will be gone before you know it.
These muffins with blueberry are
- very moist,
- with chocolate chunks,
- incredibly delicious,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- perfect for dessert during the week or for a party.
Blueberry muffins recipe with chocolate chunks
The blueberry muffins recipe is very simple and quick. You just have to mix the ingredients, pour the batter into the baking pan, put it in the oven and wait. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation goes and what you need for it. You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions to make the moist muffins with blueberry here below in the box recipe.
For the recipe you will need
- blueberries – I had fresh ones, but frozen ones will also work,
- dark chocolate – roughly chopped,
- powdered sugar,
- butter – melted and cooled,
- baking powder,
- vanilla – vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla pod scraped out
- and pinch of salt.
How to make muffins with blueberry: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- With the exception of blueberries and chocolate, mix the dry ingredients together first and mix the liquid ingredients in another bowl. Now combine the liquid and dry mixtures to make a gooey dough. Then fold in the blueberries and chocolate.
- Now pour the dough into the greased and floured muffin pan and bake the muffins at 180 °C for about 20 minutes. Done!
How to make blueberry muffins: tips and tricks
- Instead of fresh blueberries, you can also use frozen blueberries. In this case, you do not need to defrost them beforehand, but add them directly to the dough.
- You can leave out the chocolate.
- Instead of chocolate chunks you can use chocolate drops.
- Adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste.
- Mix the dough only briefly until it reaches a homogeneous consistency and never for too long. Otherwise, your muffins might taste gummy and not fluffy.
- To make the blueberry muffins, you’ll need a muffin baking pan.
- If you’re not using a silicone muffin pan and don’t want to line the muffin baking cups with muffin paper baking cups, be sure to thoroughly grease and flour the baking pan so you can easily get the muffins out of the pan after baking.
- Use a wooden skewer to check if the muffins are done baking. To do this, briefly insert the wooden skewer into the center of the dough, if possible, and not into the berries or chocolate, and see if it comes out clean.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container, such as a lunch box, in the refrigerator and eat them over the next couple of days.
Did you make moist blueberry muffins using the recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you succeeded and tasted the muffins with blueberry.
Appetite for more delicious muffins and cupcakes? Try also:
- Banana muffins – quick recipe for fluffy muffins with bananas
- Raisin muffin “Stolichny” – sweet favorite of Soviet children
- Lemon raspberry cupcakes – easy recipe with raspberry filling
- Red velvet cupcakes – the American classic in mini version
Blueberry muffins / muffins with blueberry and chocolate chunks
- muffin baking pan
- 250 g blueberries fresh
- 100 g butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 30 g kefir
- 40 ml water
- 50 g dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- 125 g flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- vegetable oil for greasing the baking pan
- flour for dusting the baking pan
- Grease the muffin pan with vegetable oil and dust with flour, tapping off the excess flour.
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix kefir, water, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the liquid butter mixture and mix briefly to form a thick dough.
- Fold blueberries and coarsely chopped dark chocolate into the dough.
- Fill the muffin pan about 2/3 full with the dough and bake the blueberry muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 20 minutes.
- Instead of fresh blueberries you can also use frozen blueberries. In this case you don't have to defrost them beforehand.
- Chocolate can be omitted.
- The amount of powdered sugar can be adjusted to taste.
- Mix the dough only briefly to a homogeneous consistency and in no case too long. Otherwise the blueberry muffins might taste rubbery and not fluffy.
- Use a wooden skewer to check if the muffins with blueberry are done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the blueberry muffins at the top of the post.