Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Tender, cream-soaked egg cookies filled with creamy mascarpone and fruity sour cherries, rolled in aromatic coconut flakes – these little tartlets make an unforgettable flavor combination. They taste soft, creamy and fruity at the same time. Moreover, the coconut egg biscuits are very easy to prepare with few ingredients and no baking at all. You can find a detailed recipe for the filled coconut egg cookies with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Coconut egg biscuits with homemade cookies
You can, of course, make these coconut egg biscuits filled with mascarpone and sour cherries with store-bought cookies. But they taste best with homemade egg cookies, which you can bake very quickly and with just a few ingredients. In the post Egg biscuits recipe: how to bake the simplest cookies I show you how to do it. I recommend you to bake the egg biscuits in stock, because they can be kept for quite a long time. So you always have them on hand when you want to prepare the coconut egg biscuits with mascarpone.
Delicious tartlets – but without baking?
You want to quickly conjure up something sweet for coffee, tea or for a celebration dessert, but have no desire or no way to bake? Then this coconut egg cookie recipe is just for you! To make them, you don’t need an oven and you’ll be done in no time. All you have to do is fill the cookies with mascarpone and cherries, dip them in cream and roll them in coconut. The coconut egg cookies are ready to be served.
Mascarpone filled coconut egg cookies: during the week or for a party
Since these tartlets are very quick to prepare, you can easily whip them up during the week for coffee or tea. In the same way, they are perfect for dessert on the weekend. But the coconut egg biscuits are also an eye-catcher on the dining table and therefore ideal for a party.
These tartlets are
- very tender,
- not too sweet,
- incredibly tasty,
- easy to make from a few common ingredients,
- without baking,
- with (homemade) egg cookies,
- with coconut,
- with sour cherries,
- filled with mascarpone,
- ideal for dessert during the week or for a party.
Coconut egg cookies filled with mascarpone and cherries: the recipe
The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the coconut egg cookies with mascarpone and cherries can be found below in the box recipe.
For the coconut egg biscuits filled with mascarpone and cherries you need
- egg cookies, of course,
- coconut flakes,
- and sour cherries from the jar.
I baked the egg cookies myself beforehand. But you can also use purchased ones if you don’t want to bake them yourself. You have to drain the sour cherries beforehand and dry them very well.
To prepare coconut egg biscuits with mascarpone: this is how you do it
- Spread mascarpone on the bottom of egg cookies. Stick two egg cookies together, each with the mascarpone side, placing a cherry in between.
- Dip double egg cookies in cream from both outside sides, then roll in shredded coconut.
- Place the coconut egg cookies in the refrigerator for a few hours. Done!
Prepare coconut egg cookies with mascarpone: tips and tricks
- Instead of pickled sour cherries, you can fill the coconut egg biscuits with fresh raspberries.
- Pickled sour cherries should be thoroughly drained and dried beforehand.
- The tartlets taste best with homemade egg cookies.
- You can make your own mascarpone to fill the coconut egg biscuits.
- To make the tartlets very tender, but not mushy, you should dip them in cream not too short, but not too long. The egg biscuits should be well soaked with cream after dipping, but not fall apart in your hands. I let one side of each cupcake soak in cream for about 30 seconds and the other side for the same amount of time, then very carefully pulled the cupcake out.
Did you make the coconut egg cookies filled with mascarpone and cherries using this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe, how you have succeeded and tasted the tartlets.
Coconut egg cookies filled with mascarpone & cherries
- 400 g (homemade) egg cookies
- 200 g mascarpone
- approx. 200 g pickled sour cherries (drained weight)
- approx. 400 g cream
- approx. 150 g grated coconut
- Spread mascarpone on the underside of all egg cookies.
- Take 2 egg cookies each and place a thoroughly dried pickled cherry on one of them on the side with mascarpone in the center. Place the second egg cookie with the mascarpone side on top of the first one with the sour cherry placed on it. Gently press the two egg cookies together so that they stick together. Repeat the same with all the egg cookies.
- Put cream in a small bowl and soak the double egg cookies filled with mascarpone and cherries in it, first from one outside and then from the other, about 30 seconds each.
- After dipping the double egg cookies in the cream, immediately roll them in coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate the filled coconut egg cookies for a few hours.
- Instead of pickled sour cherries, you can also use fresh raspberries for the filling.
- Thoroughly drain and dry the preserved sour cherries beforehand.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the coconut egg cookies with mascarpone above in the post.