Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fruity, juicy and so tasty are these jam cookies. They are vegan and lightning fast to make with just four ingredients. The cookies taste delicious at any time of year – whether in summer with a cup of tea or at Christmas. A detailed jam cookie recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Which jam for vegan jam cookies?
You can use any jam for this cookies recipe, just like for my shortbread korzhiki. For example, make the cookies with your favorite jam or with jam that you have left over and want to use up.
The taste of the cookies depends on the jam you use. The color of the cookies also depends on it.
I made the cookies sometimes with my homemade blackcurrant jam and sometimes with apricot jam. They are also very tasty with the apple jam.
Refine with nuts, chocolate, spices
You can refine the dough for the vegan jam pastry with different ingredients each time. This way, you can always give the cookies a new flavor.
For example, knead some roasted nuts into the dough. Or add chopped chocolate. You can also add lemon or orange zest. Refine the jam cookies with vanilla or cinnamon. There are no limits to your imagination.
Any jam already contains sugar. So you don’t really need to add any additional sweeteners to the jam pastry.
However, if you prefer very sweet cookies or if your jam is not sweet enough, you can mix some sugar into the dough. Then add it to the jam along with vegetable oil.
With the blackcurrant jam, my cookies have more of a tart flavor. Here you also have to add some sugar if you don’t like sour cookies.
The amount of flour varies
Please note that the amount of flour given in the recipe here below may vary greatly for you. This is because it depends on how liquid or how solid your jam is that you use for the cookies.
My currant jam has a firm consistency. So I didn’t need as much flour for the dough. With a liquid jam, which you may have made yourself without preserving sugar or a gelling agent, much more flour is used.
Therefore, add the flour mixture gradually to the jam mixture until the dough gets the right consistency. It should be very soft and in no case too firm.
This jam pastry is
- very tasty,
- with 4 ingredients,
- easy and quick to make,
- delicious at any time of year.
Vegan jam cookies recipe with 4 ingredients
For the jam cookie recipe you’ll find here at the end of the post in the recipe box, you’ll need four ingredients. These are mainly jam, then vegetable oil, flour and baking powder. As you can see, all the products for this are vegan.
The preparation of the jam cookies is very quick. You just have to knead all the ingredients into a soft dough, form cookies out of it and put them in the oven. After about a quarter of an hour, you can start snacking.
How to make vegan jam cookies: tips and tricks
- You can use any jam for the recipe.
- If you like your cookies very sweet, you can add some sugar** to the dough.
- The amount of flour listed in the recipe can vary greatly depending on how thick the jam is. Add only enough flour to the jam mixture in batches until you have a very soft dough. Under no circumstances should it become too firm or dry.
- You can add nuts, spices, citrus zest or chocolate to the vegan cookies by kneading some into the dough.
Did you make vegan jam cookies using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment below on how you liked the fruity pastry.
Looking for more delicious vegan cookie recipes? Try:
- Snowflake cookies vegan – recipe for the most tender cookies in the world
- Vegan spritz cookies – heavenly aromatic with spice and orange
- Vegan coconut cookies with chocolate – aromatic recipe
Jam cookies vegan
- 350 g jam any
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- approx. 350 - 450 g flour**
- 10 g baking powder**
- Put jam in a mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and mix.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Add the dry flour mixture in batches to the liquid jam mixture and knead briefly to form a soft dough.
- Form small balls from the dough, spread them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten them slightly.
- Bake the vegan jam cookies in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes and let them cool.
- If you like the cookies very sweet, you can add some sugar** to the dough.
- The amount of flour given can vary a lot, depending on how thick the jam is. In portions, add only enough flour to the jam mixture to make a very soft dough. Under no circumstances should it become too firm or dry.
- You can add nuts, spices, citrus zest or chocolate to the vegan jam cookies by kneading some of it into the dough.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan jam cookies at the top of the post.
If you are using Pinterest, you can pin the following picture: