Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fruity, moist, fluffy tastes this rhubarb pound cake. It is ideal for the rhubarb season. You can quickly and easily make it yourself. A detailed rhubarb pound cake recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
The best moist and quick rhubarb cake
This rhubarb pound cake is one of the most delicious I have ever tasted. It tastes very moist, fluffy, soft and buttery at the same time. Moreover, it has a fruity taste thanks to rhubarb. The sweet pound cake combines perfectly with the tart rhubarb.
In addition, the cake is ready very quickly. Since the recipe is a pound cake, all you have to do is mix all the ingredients together and put it in the oven.
During the rhubarb season, also try my rhubarb piroshki, rhubarb sour cream cake and rhubarb lemonade.
How to make the batter?
When preparing the batter for the rhubarb cake, you have to keep a few things in mind so that the cake later tastes moist, fluffy and soft.
First, butter and sugar must be thoroughly whipped. This takes about 5 – 10 minutes. If you do it with a food processor, you should turn it off from time to time and collect the butter mixture from the edge of the mixing bowl to the center with the help of a silicone dough scraper. The mixture is ready when it has acquired an airy creamy consistency and white color.
Now continue with the eggs. You need to add them one by one to the butter mixture and whip it briefly after each egg to a homogeneous mass. Ideally, eggs, just like butter, should be room warm. This allows the sugar to dissolve more quickly.
After you have added flour with baking powder to the egg butter mixture, do not stir the batter for a long time. Mix all ingredients only briefly to a homogeneous mass.
Rhubarb pound cake in springform tin
I baked the rhubarb pound cake in a springform tin. The ingredients are enough for a Ø 24 cm or Ø 26 cm baking tin.
Alternatively, you can bake the cake in a rectangular springform tin or on a baking sheet. In this case, you may have to adjust the amount of ingredients in the recipe.
How to serve it?
The rhubarb pound cake is delicious on its own. Serve it for dessert with a cup of coffee or tea.
The rhubarb cake is also especially delicious with vanilla ice cream, for example with the plombir ice cream, or with the strawberry yogurt ice cream. You can also enjoy it with a vanilla sauce or with the strawberry syrup.
This rhubarb pound cake is
- sweet sour,
- incredibly delicious,
- in springform tin – also possible on a baking sheet,
- easy and quick to make,
- ideal for the rhubarb season.
Quick rhubarb pound cake recipe
The rhubarb pound cake recipe, which you can find here at the end of the post in the recipe box, is very simple and fast. In just an hour you have conjured up the fruity dessert on the dining table.
First you need to prepare rhubarb. To do this, peel it and cut it into pieces.
Then whip butter with sugar until creamy. You can add a little vanilla and a pinch of salt.
Now you stir in vegetable oil.
Then add eggs one by one, mixing each time until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
Then add flour with baking powder and pour the mixture into the springform tin. Spread the rhubarb pieces on top and bake the cake for about 40 minutes.
How to make rhubarb pound cake: tips and tricks
- Do not mix the batter too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency, after you have added flour with baking powder to the other ingredients.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to taste. Take into account that rhubarb tastes quite sour.
- The baking time indicated in the recipe may vary. Use a wooden skewer to check if the cake is baked. Insert the wooden skewer briefly into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the rhubarb cake is done. If the wooden skewer gets smeared in raw batter, you’ll need to bake the cake a few more minutes.
- I used a Ø 24 cm large springform tin** to bake the cake.
Video for the rhubarb pound cake recipe
By the way, you can find a short video for this rhubarb pound cake on my Youtube channel. There you can watch exactly how to make it. If you don’t want to miss any more videos from me, feel free to subscribe to my channel.
Did you make the rhubarb pound cake using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment below on how it turned out and tasted.
Looking for more quick pound cake recipes? Try some more:
- Berry quark bundt cake – moist currant cake with quark
- Red wine cake – recipe for moist cake with wine
- Chocolate pear cake – moist chocolate cake with pears
Quick rhubarb pound cake
- Ø 24 cm springform tin
- 360 g rhubarb
- 125 g butter room warm
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 250 g sugar**
- 4 eggs room warm
- 250 g flour**
- 7 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of vanilla bean**
- 1 pinch of salt
- butter to grease the baking tin
for dusting (alternative)
- powdered sugar
- Grease the baking tin with butter.
- Peel rhubarb and cut it into cubes.
- Beat soft butter, sugar, vanilla and salt for about 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add vegetable oil and beat briefly until homogeneous.
- Add eggs one by one, beating each time until homogeneous.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg-butter mixture and mix briefly to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and smooth it out.
- Spread the rhubarb cubes on the batter, pressing some pieces in a bit.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 356 °F (180 °C) for about 40 minutes.
- Let the rhubarb cake cool a bit in the baking tin first and then take it out.
- Dust the rhubarb cake with powdered sugar before serving.
- In any case, do not mix the batter too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency, after adding flour with baking powder to the other ingredients.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste. Take into account that rhubarb tastes quite sour.
- The baking time indicated may vary. Use a wooden skewer to check if the cake is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the rhubarb pound cake at the top of the post.
If you are using Pinterest, you can pin the following picture: